Living in Daejeon

International Marriages

International marriages, between Korean and foreign nationals, that have taken place abroad must be reported to the District Office if it is to be legalized in Korea.


  • Reporting Location: Gu (District) Office
  • Required documents:
    • proof of marriage and translation
    • Certificate of nationality: Family Relations CertificateBirth Certificate, and a copy of passport
    • A copy of the declaration of marriage, signed or stamped (Marriage Certificate)
    • Identification card / Alien Registration Card (ARC)